Danio issus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

micaiah12

Aquarium Advice Freak
So. I have no idea what is wrong with my danio. He will swim around at his normal speed for a few seconds. Chase a few fish and then just stop and start free floating. Then he will shake it off and repeat the process. What is wrong with him? I put him in a hospital tank just for safe measure. So if any of you have an idea on what this is please tell me.

micaiah12 said:
So. I have no idea what is wrong with my danio. He will swim around at his normal speed for a few seconds. Chase a few fish and then just stop and start free floating. Then he will shake it off and repeat the process. What is wrong with him? I put him in a hospital tank just for safe measure. So if any of you have an idea on what this is please tell me.

Water parameters?
Tank size?
Tank mates?
PWC schedule?
So far it doesn't sound abnormal to me.

The water is reading normal on ammonia and no2 size of tank is 29 gal. I have 6 zebra striped short fined danios. Two upside-down catfish and a mystery snail. Also a lot of ram shorn snails. I do a 5 gallon water change every Sunday.

No3 is at 30 ppm. No he doesn't look abnormal. He just floats sometimes on his side and then bumps into something.

micaiah12 said:
No3 is at 30 ppm. No he doesn't look abnormal. He just floats sometimes on his side and then bumps into something.

That's a bit high. Ideally you want to keep it under 20ppm/as low as possible. Try increasing your PWC.
Is he swimming normally other than that?
How long has he been acting like that?
I honestly don't know what to tell you. Keep an eye on him and see if he gets any worse.

Back
Top Bottom