Dario dario tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fishyperson3010 said:
Hi
What can go with a pair of dario dario in a 8.8 gallon tank (40 litres)

Thanks

I believe they will do best in a species only tank with only their kind. They are really peaceful and slow, not to be kept with fast fish. But i think an 8.8 g tank with a pair of them is pretty much stocked.

I would recommend stocking other "nano" fish. Depending on the footprint of your tank, you may be able to add a group of habrosus cories. Small peaceful schoolers make great tankmates for them as well, like chili rasbora, microdevario kubotai, danio erythromicron, danio tinwini, celestial pearl danios, and ember tetras. They can be somewhat tricky to feed. You want to keep live and/or frozen foods on hand. I'd also recommend keeping snails like pond or ramshorns with them. I've noticed they feed on the eggs a lot, and probably the young snails as well.

1+ what siva said. She is basically the nano expert so you would do great to talk to her about all of it.

siva said:
I would recommend stocking other "nano" fish. Depending on the footprint of your tank, you may be able to add a group of habrosus cories. Small peaceful schoolers make great tankmates for them as well, like chili rasbora, microdevario kubotai, danio erythromicron, danio tinwini, celestial pearl danios, and ember tetras. They can be somewhat tricky to feed. You want to keep live and/or frozen foods on hand. I'd also recommend keeping snails like pond or ramshorns with them. I've noticed they feed on the eggs a lot, and probably the young snails as well.

Hi siva
Godfan said above that you are the expert so how many scarlet badis, chilli rasbora, cherry shrimp, cpd and dwarf/pygmy corys could I have in a 10.5 gallon tank

Thanks
fishyperson3010

Back
Top Bottom