Day 1 :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vanewb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
5g Fluval Chi
Zoo Med Nano 501 External Canister Filter
Aquatop LEDC-36 RGB LED light
ViaAqua Quartz Heater
Black Activ•Flora Substrate

1 piece of wood
Anubias
Tawain Moss
1 Pleco
1 Cory Cat

Attachments

• image-1476759329.jpg
    image-1476759329.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 75
I am also very new to this but isn't a 5g tank too small for a pleco or cory? Maybe someone with more experience can help though...

Yeah, I know the Pleco is too small, but I took him from someone who had him in a 1 gallon. I'm gonna keep him until he gets too big and then give him to a pet shop

vanewb said:
Yeah, I know the Pleco is too small, but I took him from someone who had him in a 1 gallon. I'm gonna keep him until he gets too big and then give him to a pet shop

They also sometimes like to eat plants....

Very nice little tank!
You're very lucky that your stores accept fishes-- I've had a fully grown pleco that I've taken from a friend and none of the stores I know wanted him. I had to give it away via eBay :/

Haha really? Didn't know that, but I already had him before I started the tank and didn't just wanna get rid of him

senemedar said:
Very nice little tank!
You're very lucky that your stores accept fishes-- I've had a fully grown pleco that I've taken from a friend and none of the stores I know wanted him. I had to give it away via eBay :/

Thanks! :) And At least you still found somewhere for him to go :)

what is your ultimate goal for this tank?

because as you know the pleco wont work! neither will the Cory, they need schools and 1 is to active for a 5g

rreekers said:
what is your ultimate goal for this tank?

because as you know the pleco wont work! neither will the Cory, they need schools and 1 is to active for a 5g

Well like I said, I got the Pleco from someone who had him in a 1g and he definitely didn't fit in there :/. And the Cory was given as a gift from someone who didn't really know about fish. I don't plan on keeping them, but I'd have to say my goal is to see if I can keep the plants I get living and growing

Back
Top Bottom