Dead cory...help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brybell

Aquarium Advice Activist
So the Thursday I got two julii cory at petco. they have clean tanks from what I can tell and the fish looked healthy.

they did fine in my tank, then yesterday I bought 4 more.

They were all fine last night, then this morning I noticed 1 not shoaling with the rest. i thought maybe he was resting but then we left for lunch and came back and he was dead :(

He had a red blotch which looked like blood under the skin? This only appeared after he died, the only thing I noticed before was him just sitting alone on the bottom.

I recently finished cycling, all other fish seem fine and my params are good.

any idea what happened? should i be worried about the other fish??

also i got some harelquin rasboras and one of them looks like its pregnant, i know they dont live birth but definitely looks big in the belly area, i guess it will lay eggs soon?other than that she seems to be fine. one of the other rasboras actually seemed like it was paired up with the pregnant looking one they were swimming a lot closer together and more in unison than the rest.

any help would be great thanks!

So the Thursday I got two julii cory at petco. they have clean tanks from what I can tell and the fish looked healthy.

they did fine in my tank, then yesterday I bought 4 more.

They were all fine last night, then this morning I noticed 1 not shoaling with the rest. i thought maybe he was resting but then we left for lunch and came back and he was dead :(

He had a red blotch which looked like blood under the skin? This only appeared after he died, the only thing I noticed before was him just sitting alone on the bottom.

I recently finished cycling, all other fish seem fine and my params are good.

any idea what happened? should i be worried about the other fish??

also i got some harelquin rasboras and one of them looks like its pregnant, i know they dont live birth but definitely looks big in the belly area, i guess it will lay eggs soon?other than that she seems to be fine. one of the other rasboras actually seemed like it was paired up with the pregnant looking one they were swimming a lot closer together and more in unison than the rest.

any help would be great thanks!

anyone?

So sorry to hear this :(.
How are you testing your params ?

any idea? rivercats recommended maracyn 1 + 2.

should i quarantine only the cories? treat the whole tank? thoughts?

they both had reddish spots on their sides. also...they both died shortly after i woke up. so they seemed fine last night then boom dead overnight.

im worried because now another one is chillin more on the bottom and its fin is not up when its layin on the bottom. im worried all 4 will die i got that day? i was confident it was just the one that died, didnt expect one to go the next!!

I d take whatever advice you get from Rivercats & run with it. Prob just treat the sick guys in a separate tank for now. Best of luck, I know how hard it is to lose them.

Back
Top Bottom