Dead fire shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NicoleIsStoked

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I woke up this morning to my first loss since starting up this tank. I found my fire shrimp dead and stuck to the filter intake and all sucked into it. Gross! His tentacles are sticking out. I found his "shell" on in the tank too. I assume he moulted. My question is do you think a bad moult killed him and he then got sucked into the intake, or do you think he got sucked up and died because of it? I don't have a sponge over the intake. And how can I scrape his body off of it without barfing?

Edit. Bob is alive. I've read in the past about people confusing a moult for a dead shrimp but I was certain he was a goner. I had no idea they shed their legs and tentacles too. Well everyone is in fact alive and well.

NicoleIsStoked said:
So I woke up this morning to my first loss since starting up this tank. I found my fire shrimp dead and stuck to the filter intake and all sucked into it. Gross! His tentacles are sticking out. I found his "shell" on in the tank too. I assume he moulted. My question is do you think a bad moult killed him and he then got sucked into the intake, or do you think he got sucked up and died because of it? I don't have a sponge over the intake. And how can I scrape his body off of it without barfing?

But did you barf?

AbsoluteFaye said:
Lol. Bob. Cute. Our cleaner shrimp is Jaques like the one in Finding Nemo. Lol

Ours is Jacques too. :) There's gotta be like a million cleaner shrimps named Jacques out there! Lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom