Dead Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxchager440xx

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I was doing a water change in my 72gallon freshwater tank and was moving around some sand that bunched up under the powerhead and picked up an old dead fish. Just about threw up but it looked like it had been there a while as half of it was deteriorated. I have a bunch of African Cichlids so i did not notice one gone. I removed the fish and all of the remains i could but now the tank is a bit cloudy. What should I do?

xxchager440xx said:
I was doing a water change in my 72gallon freshwater tank and was moving around some sand that bunched up under the powerhead and picked up an old dead fish. Just about threw up but it looked like it had been there a while as half of it was deteriorated. I have a bunch of African Cichlids so i did not notice one gone. I removed the fish and all of the remains i could but now the tank is a bit cloudy. What should I do?

Watch your readings but it shouldn't be a problem. Its obviously been there awhile.

Maybe another water change if the readings tell you Ammonia is high

How long is it between water changes for you? If the fish has been deteriorating for a while, it should've affected your nitrate levels by raising them. Have you gone through any spikes recently?

Back
Top Bottom