Dead zebra danio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieKlein

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all, my 37 gallon tank has been running smooth for a long time. I recently noticed that only 3out of 4 zebra danios are present during feeding. I guessed the other one was hidig benign driftwood or something. Today I noticed him deas on the bottom in a cave. This is the first fish death of the tank. Kim guessing it was week or two ago as I noticed he was missing but assumed he wAs hiding. I'm wondering if this is a fluke or is something going wrong?

It's hard to say based on the info given. How long had you had him? Do you QT your fish before adding to main tank? Any new fish could introduce an illness or disease. He could've been ill when purchased, could've been harassed by other fish.

No qt. he was in there 4 months. No other fish look I'll. however today during dinner time I noticed a gold barb with a large round belly. Compared to the others it is large. What is this? Pregnant, disease, too much food?

Back
Top Bottom