Did my clowns pair?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flip_lx

Aquarium Advice Freak
So my true percs have been in the tank for almost a month now, half that time they did the kids thing of dividing the tank in half (one had the half in front of rock work, the other the half behind)/ Now they are hardly more than an inch apart does that mean they've paired up? They never harassed each other before but the LFS i bought them from had kept them single in tanks next to eachother

It is possible that they paired up. Are they the same size or is one smaller then the other? It can take months or even years for clowns to really pair off in an aquarium if they do it at all.

roughly same size ones a little bit bigger than the other (how they were when first purchased) but both are still real young (i'm going by the black on them they both are still real dark)

I agree with Ziggy. Sounds as if they may have, but it'll be hard to tell for a while. Generally, incase you didn't know, the female will be more agressive and larger, while the male will be usually much smaller and much more passive. This will of course be seen over time, probably not right now. :)

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom