Dieing/sick fish???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndrewP

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So today I got a 3 platies today and 2 seem perfectly fine but one seems like he is dieing. The poor fish seems to just to be mostly floating around doing flips in the current. He is still alive sometimes randomly swimming very fast. I am kinda of a noob and I have no idea what to do. I check my water parameters and they are fine. I also did drip acclimation before putting all 3 in. Please someone give some advice in what to do. Thanks
Edit: I just noticed he got caught in the filter!!! This fish doesn't have much left in him :(

?, i already experience that, what i did was i put small rectangular sponge on the intake so the fish will not sucked in.

Mark is correct. Sponges are great. Especially for shrimp and fish fry. I wanted to add a healthy fish though wouldn't get stuck on the intake.

As you said he was acting odd then got stuck. They are new and you said you driped them. So either your parameters are bad, acclimation wasn't good, sick already, or a combo of any of them would be where I start.

Like this one, also i feel so heartbroken when seeing poor guy being sucked to death in the intake.1485100216993.jpg i have that sponge on hand, i saw that in the kitchen, but tell me if this is wrong. Im open for a suggestion. Hehe

Last edited by a moderator:
Also if you think your parameters are on great condition, maybe the guy already escape on being sucked once while youre away, So then in your vission you saw him being suck again while being in poor state .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom