Different Fish Awareness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kadoozey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have discovered that there are waaaay more different kinds of fish than live in the local stores. I am here looking for advice on how to find some cool new and interesting species to keep in my tank and how I could get my hands on them (potentially).

Basically, I want to learn about all the species in the fish keeping world because they're all super awesome :) Thank you

Aquabid tends to have some varieties that you dont always find at the lfs but prices and shipping can be hit or miss. Checking out local clubs can yeild some interesting fish as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This is actually a bit easier to do in salt water than it is in fresh. Salt water fish stores will sometimes have direct contact with the fishers going out and catching the fish so they can make requests. (At least the ones in my area do)

For freshwater fish though, Aquabid and googling online vendors will be the best way to go about doing it. If you do happen to get some rarer fish go and try to breed them to make them a bit more available in the hobby :)

Aquabid works with websites like BlueGrass Aquatics and WetSpot. Both carry plenty of oddball species.

I got my ropefish from bluegrass on aquabid.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435693981.211657.jpg

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom