Different types of Saltwater Foods.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do Tetra flakes, Spectrum pellets, FD mysis, FD plankton, frozen squid, live brine shrimp and almost daily sheets of dried macro for my tang and angel. I generally mix up the foods but a little flakes and pellets are everyday.
I also have copepods/amphipods that come out of my refugium. My guys all have nice smooth bellies and bright colors so I think things are working.

You failed to mention Nori.Do u use nore for the omnivores?

No. I use dried sheets of green seaweed/macroalgae. Sometimes the brown as well. The tang and angel shred either one.

Kurt or anybody else- now that you have been using Rod's Food for a few weeks what do you think? I was planning on buying some tomorrow 6-oz for $20

Sorry... didn't see this post right away.

The fish obviously seem to like Rod's, and the quality seems really good. I'd probably buy it again, but only because I'm only using a little every 7-10 days. I just worked it into the food rotation. If I was using it every feeding, or had a bigger tank, I'd probably make my own to bring down the cost.

I bought some a few days ago. Everything seems to like it, but then again they like everything I put in there. I think I am going to do what you do and only feed it once a week or so because it is so expensive and I want to keep my nitrate etc in check(stuff floating everywhere even with a small portion) This way I will be getting a little more variety into the tanks diet.

Use a suction cup clip to feed them the nori. Keeps it from just floating everywhere.

Think ryshark was talking about the Rod's Food floating everywhere. Tough job to clip a frozen chunk of food! :)

I hear you about the nitrates ryshark... that's the other reason I'm not feeding it alot.

Back
Top Bottom