diffuser for DIY CO2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phin

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm wondering if a CO2 diffuser is necessary for a DIY CO2 setup. Specifically, I'm looking at Aquarium CO2 Diffuser: ISTA Mini Ceramic Cone CO2 Diffuser

I was originally thinking of just running the open end of the airline tube releasing the CO2 directly into the intake strainer on my canister filter.

What is the best way to do this? I've got an 18 gallon tall tank with a Fluval 206 canister and a penguin 150.

I'm wondering if a CO2 diffuser is necessary for a DIY CO2 setup. Specifically, I'm looking at Aquarium CO2 Diffuser: ISTA Mini Ceramic Cone CO2 Diffuser

I was originally thinking of just running the open end of the airline tube releasing the CO2 directly into the intake strainer on my canister filter.

What is the best way to do this? I've got an 18 gallon tall tank with a Fluval 206 canister and a penguin 150.

If you use an open end. You will lose the most of your co2 IMO.

So a diffuser is almost a necessity. I was thinking the impeller of my canister would act as a diffuser. So I'll get a diffuser, then where is the most optimal spot in my tank to place the diffuser? should it go under the intake tube of the filter or under the filter outflow into the tank?

No it will prob just gather in your filterand cause problems . U can get inline diffusers for externals if it not wantinva diffuser in the tank.

People use all kinds of makeshift diffusers from canister intakes to chopsticks to cigarette filters. Nothing beats having a real diffuser but all of these can work in a pinch.

I use a Fluval Ceramic diffuser on my DIY co2 setup. Only drawback is that those pores on the ceramic disk are so fine that it takes almost a full day for the pressure to build after i mix the yeast & sugar. But once it gets going, i get about 2 weeks of co2.

Another option popular among DIY co2 is to mod a Hagen mini elite filter to be a diffuser. They're cheap and there's a bunch of YouTube videos on it. Check it out.

Back
Top Bottom