Dirted tank ammonia out of control?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The finnex planted plus might be a better option, I think the Ray 2 will be way too much light, unless you plan on using pressurized CO2 and a strict dosing schedule. You may end up making an algae farm if you aren't careful.

Honestly the only plant that you listed that would need the addition of CO2 is the DHG, the rest should do fine in a low tech setup.

Agreed. Planned on diy Co2 along with the bigger light as an experiment to see how it goes with the less maintenance intensive plants. I've had no changes for 3 days in ammonia and nitrates, I guess it just needs more plants, or time to cycle. Going to look hard this weekend for some hornwort at the LFS.

Added pothos to the filter as well as some hornwort and water sprite to the tank.

Sent from my LG-H343 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I could probably get it. I wanted it when I had cichlids. Looks like a tough plant for fish to destroy.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Seems to be a hearty plant. I went the route of just putting the roots in my hob and letting it grow emersed. Actually have new growth on it 6 days later. It's actually trying to grow under the hood that I've spaced up (integrated LED's in the hood) to make sure I've got airflow at the surface.

According to what I dug up on it, it's originally from france, and has spread throughout most of the world.

Sent from my LG-H343 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom