Discus and cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tyler2354

Aquarium Advice Activist
How would two discus do in a cichlid tank? I can get two discus for $60 is the main reason I thought about getting them. I have jewels, yellow labs, socolofis, blue ahli's and petricolis catfish in a 55gal long tank.

How would two discus do in a cichlid tank? I can get two discus for $60 is the main reason I thought about getting them. I have jewels, yellow labs, socolofis, blue ahli's and petricolis catfish in a 55gal long tank.

Discus are very timid and passive fish. They are intimidated by fast moving and large fish. They can not swim that fast, and can't defend themselves verse African ciclids. Plus they require completely different water conditions. No. They are not compatible.

Some companies have even made completely separate filters especially designed for discus fish. Discus are ungodly high maintenance fish and require only the best if attention.

Ok thanks everyone!! I was pretty sure they wouldn't work but I was just making sure

Back
Top Bottom