Discus scratching :/

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TomCarter13

Aquarium Advice Activist
So i have have lately posted a few topics on my discus being aggressive. After doing more larger and frequent water changes they have slowly calmed down (still occasionally chasing and pecking). last week they were the most beautiful i have ever seen them. So colourful schooling together and gracefully swimming around and also after the two 50% wc my blue diamonds eyes went really red!

On saturday i noticed the blue diamonds and the marlboro flashing occasionally on plants. One in particular did this more often! These 3 have flashed previously but i had prazi and i tried that aswell as do a larger water change than i usually did and it seemed to have disappeared. Sadly when i bought them i didn't know about QT fish for 6 weeks before releasing them to the main tank but those fish are the only fish that have flashed? The other 3 have never or haven't done this for 2 weeks! Also the blue leopards colour has come back and he has red eyes too!

The problem is the only thing that worries me ALOT is they're scratching.
Secondly is the blue diamonds colour has gone kind if brownish in their body. They face and fins are what they should be and like i said before their eyes are nice and red! Also the blue leopards colour has come back and he has red eyes too!

They aren't skittish or lethargic and they are all eating Especially the blue diamonds. They are breathing normal with no clamped gills and also their poop are not white and stringy. They are normal brown poop (lol). And they are responding to me very well.

My water params are:

Ph 6.8-7.0
Am: 0
tri: 0
tra: 5-10ppm

They seem ok apart from the colour and scratching. I cannot tell if its flukes but i have a feeling this may be bacterial just from the way that they have been acting. I cant get a microscope either but is there anything i can do? Any treatments i could try? Any of these signs you have heard of?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Also i've notice they kind of turn their heads slightly at times and they also twitch their pectoral fins and flutter their fins some times :/

Not to sure whats wrong or what to do :/

Back
Top Bottom