Disinfectant for aquarium nets and other equipment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

judyheitz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone know what to use to disinfect fishnets when used in injected tanks? So far I’ve used bleach and then washed really good and then put primer on them. But it occurred to me Perhaps there is a disinfectant solution I could be using for my nets and other equipment that comes in contact with infected water.

Does anyone know what to use to disinfect fishnets when used in injected tanks? So far I’ve used bleach and then washed really good and then put primer on them. But it occurred to me Perhaps there is a disinfectant solution I could be using for my nets and other equipment that comes in contact with infected water.
Hello, I use peroxide to disinfect everything. I like to use because it breaks down onto water & oxygen. If any residue left will not harm fish or equipment. I will even use on hands as a precaution. I found that a cheap sprayer from Dollar store fits on top of this brand for easy use. Hope this helps!!!!! 1580650021197.jpg

Rubbing alcohol would be my vote. Just dip and rinse in sink. Let dry. Bleach is slimy, it tends to hang onto surfaces. For a major dis infect though, bleach is king.

Back
Top Bottom