DIY auto-topoff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wouldn't it be on all the time? making the waste water continously run and ruin my filters on it?

If I could do that, why not just run the RO/DI to the sump directly on the float valve.

But that'd be a lot of tubing in the way. I think I'm good the way it is.

no it would only be on when the float switch was open allowign flow to go through. you coulf put a T fitting on and a valve to branch off then you need to use RO/DI to mix up water also

no it would only be on when the float switch was open allowign flow to go through. you coulf put a T fitting on and a valve to branch off then you need to use RO/DI to mix up water also

Yeah but what about the waste line from the RO/DI unit?

The water in my return compartment seems to be fluctuating making my auto-topoff run unpredictably.

Anyone experience this before?
It seems to have happened after I installed a hofer gurgle buster

Anyone looking to use a float valve connected to a reservoir might experience what I had happen to me yesterday. Somehow the opening of the float valve got under water and it created a siphon.

So I added a quick connect tee fitting to draw in air if this happens again. Should solve the problem.

1zzi15w.jpg

Back
Top Bottom