diy c02

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sedgy90

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just made a diy c02 kit. Its going well. Do i need to disconnect at night? Any other tips?

+1. the ph swing is worse than the excess co2 during the night. I've had great results with champagne yeast and brown sugar. Whats your mixture? Do you have a bubble counter? What's your diffusion method?

Atxpunx said:
+1. the ph swing is worse than the excess co2 during the night. I've had great results with champagne yeast and brown sugar. Whats your mixture? Do you have a bubble counter? What's your diffusion method?

One tblespoon yeast and two white sugar in one bottle with air flowing into another bottle half filled with water, then airline into the filter to diffuse. I use the second bottle to bubble count. About 2 hrs after setup it was 1bubble per 7 seconds.

4 ft by 18 inch by 12 inch tank.

Thanks guys

Well with the champagne yeast I get three bubbles per second. Another tip I would give is that the yeast lives better if you sterilize the water, bottle, and sugar. Yeast can't live very well with other bacteria.

Will get the champagne yeast when i run out of normal. I checked this mornin and I have a bubble or two every second.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom