Diy cheap tank divider

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robynleigh

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone have any tips? Materials etc - basically I want to be able to keep my fry in the tank seperated as husband is getting narky about the number of tanks scattered around the house lol... Thought if I can keep the babies safe in the main tank would cut one tank down ;p

you can get plastic needle point sheets at a craft store and build a fry box just stitch it together with fishing line my wife made one for me a few years ago worked great
and you can make it as big as you want

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389490787.036999.jpg
Knitting sheets at walmart...pack of 3 for like $3
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389490830.869342.jpg
Report Cover sleeve...this is a photo from online showing just sleeve but at walmart go to office supply section and u can get a 6 pack of report covers for 1+or- a few cents...then cut the knitting sheet to size and slide report cover sleeve on all 4 sides and if u need a few cm extra u can slide the sleeves to the very edges to knitting sheet. I made 5 dividers for $8ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389491048.418759.jpg
I'm on vacation so these are all online pics so it's not my actual tank but the blue pic shows basic concept but input the trim on all 4 sides bc I'm keeping guppy fry seperated and if u don't put the trim/brace on the bottom and top they will just swim right under/over

Back
Top Bottom