DIY Powerhead Spraybar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TDWagner

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I want to make a spraybar powered by a powerhead to create a current along the length of my 55g for my Rainbowfish to swim in.

I have a Rio 600 powerhead and I have a clear uplift tube from a UGF...neither of which are currently being used.

The part I'm having trouble with is how to attach the output nozzle of the powerhead to the tubing. Obviously they're different sizes (powerhead output nozzle being smaller). The powerhead INTAKE has an uplift adapter, but that doesn't really help. I could buy a reverse flow powerhead, but I already have the RIO laying around, so I'd like to use it if possible.

Anyone have any good suggestions on what to use as an adapter to connect them?

TIA!!!

Stop by your local hardware store and see what they have in the plummming isle. Flexible tubing and clamps might be your best bet, there are also all kinds of size-changing couplings.

Really depends on how you want it to look. I have a PH flowing into a piece of CPVC and the nozzle is just inside the CPVC. It does not fit perfect but it does not really matter. It is all under water anyway. I drilled small holes in the CPVC for water to exit and capped the end.

I am using heater suction cup brackets to hold the CPVC in place. I have this in my frag tank so looks are not important but the fit does not have to be perfect to accomplish this.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom