Do aqua clears create a lot of current?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dallascowboys16

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can anyone tell me if aqua clears create a lot of current? My current filter has such a strong current it makes one half of my tank uninhabitable. I would appreciate any feed back before I buy one for my 55 gallon planted. Thanks!:thanks:

Can anyone tell me if aqua clears create a lot of current? My current filter has such a strong current it makes one half of my tank uninhabitable. I would appreciate any feed back before I buy one for my 55 gallon planted. Thanks!:thanks:

That answer is gonna pretty much be opinion based. I have 2 in my 75g and a power head.

My friend has a 110 in his 10 gallon nano reef.

I have one at the firehouse in a 29 gallon tall.

I don't see them putting out so much flow that nothing can live near it UNLESS your talking about little fish? Then I'd be concerned.

All aquaclears have flow control so you can adjust them as needed.

True they have them but have you ever tested them? They really don't work. That + and - sign is useless IMO. You wanna slow the flow down? Add a good amount of poly fill on the space on the left where the intake comes into the motor. That will slow it down some.

Or add a bag a chemi pure elite 1 unit and that will help also, both with help with water clarity as well...

True they have them but have you ever tested them? They really don't work. That + and - sign is useless IMO. You wanna slow the flow down? Add a good amount of poly fill on the space on the left where the intake comes into the motor. That will slow it down some.

Or add a bag a chemi pure elite 1 unit and that will help also, both with help with water clarity as well...

The flow meters on mine work quite well. However IMO the ones on the fluval c series are much more effective.

The flow meters on mine work quite well. However IMO the ones on the fluval c series are much more effective.

Well good for you them lol!!! Mine I can't tell the difference lol. I took the tops off the filters and threw them out. The rattle drove me crazy!!

They work fine on mine too lol. And yes, they do rattle! I have a piece of foam wedged underneath the lid on my loudest one.

I'd agree with convict, you can stick something by the outflow to reduce the flow of the tank and thus allowing small fish/shrimps to live comfortably.

I stuck java moss up there when I had a tank with shrimps.

On my bettas tank (he doesn't have an aquaclear so I can't adjust flow) I have a sponge on the outflow of the filter to reduce the flow. I tired it on with fishing line.

My Aquaclears don't make much noise at all and the flow adjuster works fine... it adjusts the intake position relative to the pump so I'm not sure how it could not work...

I don't notice much of an adjustable flow with my AC 70 either actually. No matter which position I put it in the flow is still strong.

Back
Top Bottom