Do I need any carbon in my reef set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I personally would not run it all the time. It`s only good for 1 to two weeks and get get quite expensive. Maybe run one week of a month for water polishing.

Every tank is different. Try not using carbon and then try running it for a while. If you don't see any difference don't waste money on it. If you use it the best way is in a reactor (ideally before GFO if you use GFO).

There is always a limiting factor and if the limiting factor is trace elements carbon can remove these. Most tanks are not at the level of carbon having a negative impact.

Fishguy2727 said:
Every tank is different. Try not using carbon and then try running it for a while. If you don't see any difference don't waste money on it. If you use it the best way is in a reactor (ideally before GFO if you use GFO).

There is always a limiting factor and if the limiting factor is trace elements carbon can remove these. Most tanks are not at the level of carbon having a negative impact.

Cool thanks...

Back
Top Bottom