Do you have an angelfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morgie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got one a few days ago, and he's a really cool addition to my 55g.
I've never owned one before, but I researched them pretty extensively before adding him to my tank. He seems to be adjusting well, hanging around the planted and rocky areas of the tank, but he doesn't seem to be eating much of the foods I've offered, but that's pretty common for new fish.
Do any of you experienced owners have any tips for an angelfish newbie?

Here's a picture of him, I think he's a very handsome guy ;)
img_1295669_0_ef632aad669e110fac0e3cd85d29afc2.jpg

Sorry my water's so dark, I haven't gotten to my PWC this week and my new driftwood is leaching some tannins, but it's all good for the fishes.

ive got 2 angels, lets just say theyre very curious about what youre doing.. mine love bloodworms.

I wouldn't worry too much, Angels won't always feed until they are settled in and feel safe in their environment, try to feed live food, or ordinary earthworms are taken greedily, just the small worms, chopped up with a razor blade, give them a quick rinse under the tap before feeding to your fish.

Pete

Angles can be more prone to fin rot than some other fish with shorter fins. Keep the water clean and your angels should take care of the rest. They are very curious fish and will follow you around the room.

He is quite a curious little fellow. He actually kicked my eight inch catfish out of his favorite spot, just by swimming around the plants over there. My catfish is a complete coward though :rolleyes:
Thanks for all the tips, I saw him picking at a catfish pellet that had landed on top of a cave, so that's good news. Today is PWC and cleaning day, so hopefully I can get him growing quickly, as he is definitely the smallest fish in my tank.

Thanks for all the tips! I'll be sure to up my small PWCs and try a variety of foods on him, but I'm already pretty much in love with him, he has such a personality.

they will follow you back and forth if youre in the room walking from one end to the other... mine always do that.. also, after a while, your angel may trust you enough to be hand fed..

I just fed him and as soon as I opened the lid he swam up to investigate, and ate all the food I offered. He's catching on fast. ;)

BUT BE WARNED! angelfish will eat as much as they possibly can and will gorge themselves, be careful on over feeding..

theyre always curious when im messing with the tank, i was moving decor and i had to shoo them away cause they were investagating.lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom