do you think this is NTD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

benson881

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

I have had my tank up and running now for about 4 months and currently have 8 rasborss, 8 neon tetras and 2 clown loaches (there only small and its an excuse to buy a bigger tank later :))

I have a record 800 110litre and currently do a 20-25% weekly
Water parameters are Ammonia 0ppm, Nitrate 0ppm and Nitrate 20-40ppm. My tap water is about 20ppm anyway.

I have aeration and everything is going well except one little neon tetra.

He seems OK but I have noticed the the red portion on his tail is pretty faded and once googled NTD came up.
He's been like this for roughly 10 days and am after some advice please.

Jim

Maybe, maybe not on NTD. But if you have a quarantine tank, I highly recommend you get him out and away from the others.

I just went through this, tail washed out first, than watch for white patch and dis figuration.

Maybe, maybe not on NTD. But if you have a quarantine tank, I highly recommend you get him out and away from the others.

Unfortunately I don't have one. I'm currently on my 2nd day of ehsa 2000 at half dosage. Hopefully it might clear things up

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I just went through this, tail washed out first, than watch for white patch and dis figuration.

So yours had NTD? what time scale are you looking at from first signs?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't know what they had? By all rights, ntd, but no dark patch.. Started as a loss of red in tail, than a white patch, than elongated deformed tail, lost 2 fish with these signs, 8 days from noticing white patch to divine intervention when it was a U shape and couldn't swim.

Whether is is NTD or false NTD, the same advice holds. Get that fish out of the tank so that others don't get infected. If you have to, put him in a tote or bucket with a heater and airstone. I lost 15 fish to something like this.

Back
Top Bottom