Does Brita help lower aquarium pH?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll just stick to peat moss. And I might buy another piece of bogwood or almond leaves in the future.

Well I live in the UK and they don't sell RO water from the pets tyres I've been to. Do you live in the UK too?

Australia, even worse Western Australia where it's twice as expensive. I've seen a blackwater extract in passing at the lfs but that's about it. Can't remember seeing peat moss or almond leaves in there.

Looks like the brita may be using the same type of resins that water softening systems use, in that case like the faq states it is partially removing calcium and magnesium, but adding different salts to the water in the process which isn't really a good thing. Aside from spending the few hundred dollars on a ro system, you may have to think outside of the box a bit, possibly by contacting drinking water suppliers that fill and deliver those 5 gallon jugs for office water coolers. Maybe you could get water directly from them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom