Does Flourish Expire???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kristen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am still trying to get my 29g planted back up and am wondering if my seachem products are expired...they are over a year old...I also wanted to make sure my drop checker solution doesn't expire either...does anyone know what the deal is? Thanks in advance.

I am not sure on the life of the Flourish stuff. My guts says that I would get new but that is just my feeling not a fact. The drop check fluid is basically test solution and test kits have a shelf life of a year or so.

thanks for the info...I figured I needed to buy new, just had to have someone say it...so hard to part with the money....

FWIW I'm still using my Flourish Comprehensive from March 06. I switch on and off with CSM+B (which probably doesn't go bad since its a dry fert). More importantly would probably be the ammonia, nitrIte, nitrAte test kit. I'm still using mine from Jan06 but will probably replace it with my next Big Al's shipment. I test so infrequently that like you I don't want to spend the money, but it would be horrible to have a tank problem and not understand the exact cause because the test kit was bad!

Contact Seachem about the Flourish. They're excellant about answering that kind of question reguarding their products.

Back
Top Bottom