Does my angelfish have ick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlover_girll

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So this is my first tank and I noticed this white dot on my black Angel fish Ark I’m not sure if it’s just how his gills are turning colors or if he’s sick can someone please help and if you could me how to treat it as well

Attachments

• IMG_6748.jpg
    IMG_6748.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 21
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Can you post a bigger picture of the fish and tell us exactly where the dot is?

Yeah i circled its on its left side and I guess it’s more by his tail

Attachments

• IMG_6771.jpg
    IMG_6771.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 17
It's not white spot.

I would say it's a small sore/ wound where a couple of scales have come out.
Clean water should let it heal on its own.

The gills look fine.

If the fish is eating well and doesn't have clamped fins or a cream, white or grey film over part or all of its body, and it's swimming around normally, then it's healthy and happy.

--------------------

Wipe the inside of the glass down with a clean fish sponge. This removes the biofilm on the glass and the biofilm will contain lots of harmful bacteria, fungus, protozoans and various other microscopic life forms.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week. The water changes and gravel cleaning will reduce the number of disease organisms in the water and provide a cleaner environment for the fish to recover in. It also removes a lot of the gunk and this means any medication can work on treating the fish instead of being wasted killing the pathogens in the gunk.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it is added to the tank.

Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. However, if the filter is less than 6 weeks old, do not clean it. Wash the filter materials/ media in a bucket of tank water and re-use the media. Tip the bucket of dirty water on the garden/ lawn. Cleaning the filter means less gunk and cleaner water with fewer pathogens so any medication (if needed) will work more effectively on the fish.

If it gets worse, post more pictures asap.

I agree with Colin. It looks more like a ding/dent than a disease. That could be caused by another fish or a sharp edge to a decoration. It would only be an issue if it gets fuzzy or bloody.

Back
Top Bottom