Does this guppy look female?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miseryindex

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I returned one because the others were chasing it around constantly and I figured I was sold a female in error. Now my other 2 chase this one around almost all the time. I was told all 3 were male. Bht I'm concerned.

b2e1e6f6a64b9fbde52e8c54868a446d.jpg

In this pic you can better see the one on the left chasing it.
c44f09132514871eb7be590b2019d177.jpg

This is the one I returned. And actually from the sexing guides I've seen it doesn't appear to be female even. Which makes me sad I brought it back.
428264af7640374f79c559ef6d9a9eb6.jpg

Hi there
From what I remember of having guppies I would say the last picture is a female.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last picture is a female, but the other pictures are males.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

OK thanks. That's the one I returned. If the first ones is male I have no idea why the others guppies spend all day chasing and poking at him.

Male guppies will chase and 'hit' anything in the tank that doesn't eat them IMO....
Odds are they will 'pursue' the platy[in the first pic] you have in with them even...
Not sure what 'sexing guides' you have seen but the gonopodium[[anal fin] is how you tell.
The fin near their vent....Males are pointed and females are fan shaped...
The returned fish appears to be female also IMO...
Gonopodium Photo by mollymonticello | Photobucket!

Second pic in this link shows male and female and the difference in fins....

the last picture is a female guppie the first one is two males

rule of thumb when getting guppies
is that for every 1 male there has to be two females

cause they tend to hound the female for breeding so if you have two males and one female you might end up having a problem where the female will get stressed and end up dying unless you got plants or lots of hiding places your female might live but if you dont there might be an issue of a floater

Back
Top Bottom