Dojo Loach Poops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cohenjl13

Aquarium Advice Freak
Good Afternoon,
I have 3 Dojo Loaches, in a 110 planted tank, the largest one i have seems to have issues with pooping, its a very spastic and weird event to watch and normally ends up with small pebble sized feces with a white membrane. I have seen my other smaller loach do it once before as well.

Also they are ALWAYS passing gas, can someone shed some light on these concerns?

Attachments

• DojoPoop.jpg
    DojoPoop.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 158
I don't have an answer for you, but I can tell you that I have one dojo loach and have seen this same exact thing I've seen this same exact thing floating around the tank once in a while. I assumed it was some sort of external coating he was shedding (i got him 4 months ago and he's growing like crazy - grown from a skinny 2.5" to about 5" long, maybe 3/4" wide). I have no idea what it is. Sorry!

Imo could be anything from food related to upset tummy to parasites. If eating well, looking good thickness and getting around tank then probably ok.

Ok sounds good, yea he’s very active and likes to play if I put my fingers in the tank and he is a very healthy eater.

Good news. This is personal preference but for me, I like to see two symptoms to confirm an issue / help track down what it is. Although now I have typed that, white spot could just need one [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom