Dosing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pschmitt

Aquarium Advice Freak
Tested the water before buying new corals and the alc and mag a little low. Alc was 325 and mag 1100. I'm doing 5 gal/week WC's with Tropic Marin and keeping only LPS right now. I tested my batch and it came in also very low (alc 350). Hate to gave to supplement right now and was wondering if anyone is using my salt and if they are dosing or not? All corals look great by the way.

Are you using regular marin or the reef crystals? The reef salt requires dosing as they don't add anything to that mix. But the regular marin should be fine.

How big is the tank? is it a nano? cause 5g a week isnt that much really. Unless you have like a 20g tank! lol

Yeah, 5g is about right. I'm having a similar issue with my 125g, the alkalinty is kinda low but my mag is fine and my calcium is off the charts.

I've never used marin so I don't know if it's the salt or that your corals are absorbing too many nutrients too fast for you to replenish.

Wish i could be of more help. :-(

Back
Top Bottom