Driftwood, chlorinated water question. Need answer ASAP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GreenGo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Alright, so I just readied my driftwood for placement in my aquariums, but ran out of dechlorinated water. My question is, is it safe to place driftwood into an aquarium with chlorinated water, or would it be detrimental in the long run? I hope to get my freshwater plants and water conditioner this Friday, but that will largely depend on what's on sale this week at my lfs. Thanks for any advice!

Edit: just to clarify, my biggest concern is that the driftwood may somehow take in some chlorine and slowly release it while it's in the aquarium. Will the water conditioner take care of that? Is it even a legitimate concern? Thanks for any and all replies

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

As long as the DW is water logged in dechlorinated wayer you shouldn't have any problems. If the DW isnt water logged and you use chlorinated water to sink it then you might have issues.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've never used dechlorinated water for soaking my driftwood. Chlorine dissipates over time, so just don't do a water change on your driftwood within 48hrs of putting it in the aquarium.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom