Dropped snail, part of its body is poking out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ketsuki

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Please excuse if I get anything wrong here or put this in the wrong section— joined just for this.

Yesterday I accidentally dropped my 1” mystery snail. I tried to let her heal overnight but when I woke up this morning she had a “bubble” (or what looks like a bubble, I’m honestly not sure what it is) leaking out of where the crack is.

The crack is a hole, and is on the left side of her body. The bubble that is poking out is light gray, and very squishy. At the moment, I have her separated from her brothers and sisters until I can help her.

She was moving a bit last night, which is mostly why I was leaving her to do her own thing, but I woke up and she was on her back.

Just a few questions, how do I treat this? Can this be treated on its own?

IMG_0753.jpg

Here is the injury. Sorry for the blurry picture! Should I wait till it goes back in then patch up the shell?

Ive seen people fix there apple snails shells with egg shell before and glue but haven't tried it myself. Is the snail moving around OK? Sometimes the shell can heal itself with plenty of calcium.

Thank you guys so much for your help. Sadly, I tried everything I could but it was her time. She now peacefully rests in the backyard gardens with her own little snail monument.

Back
Top Bottom