Dry ferts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mijo51380

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just got my dry ferts from GLA the PPS pack how would I mix them in the dispensers they give you and how should I dose them in my tank

You mix 40 grams of plantex CSM+B in one dispenser full of RO or distilled water, and then in the other dispenser mix 32.5 grams Potassium Nitrate, 29.5 grams Potassium sulfate, 20.5 grams magnesium sulfate, and 3 grams mono potassium phosphate. Then you dose 1 mL from each dispenser every day prior to turning on the lights.

Did you get 2 or 3 dosing bottles? If you got 3 dosing bottles you mix nitrates in one, phosphates and potassium in one, and micro's in the 3rd. The amounts Bud posted are for 500ml bottles so if you have 1000ml bottles be sure to double the amounts. Also you use 1ml of each solution for every 10g of tank water. Dose macro's at one end of the tank and micro's at the other end. Iron in the micro mix can precipitate with phosphates which is why you dose at opposite ends of the tank.

Here's for 1000ml dosing bottles....

Example of 1 litre bottles.
Pour into bottle #1, 59 grams of K2SO4 and 6 grams of KH2PO4
Pour into bottle #2, 65 grams of KNO3,

Pour into bottle #3, 80 grams of dry Trace Element mix.
Fill up both bottles with RO or Distilled water to the 1 litre (1000ml) size and shake. Wait over night until dissolved.

Back
Top Bottom