DSB and Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

superman1950s

Aquarium Advice Activist
In my 26g I'm using a DSB as my main source of filtration, instead of a large amout of LR. Now on my stocking I plan on having a Yellow Watchman and a Green Clown Goby. Now I know that gobies tend to disturb the sand bed. My question is, will these two little guys disturb the DSB to much that it will hurt all the little critters in the sand and the BB.

If so what two other small fish would be good in the nano. The only other fish I plan on having is 2 B&W Clowns.

Stay Salty,

I have both those fish and neither really messes with the sand. The watchman might sift some sand but it shouldnt affect the dsb. :)

Awesome, thats good news. I love the little yellow and green guy. So my two Gobies are good to go then. Im on the last week of my tank cycling with two damles. When the cycle is done they get to go back to my 65 reef.

Another question. Has anybody had any luck with ordering livestock online. How are the quality fish when you get them?

Also for a CUC what would be good. Since I'm using a 4" DSB for filtration I really cant have any nassarius snails. I would like some snails just don't know what kind.

Stay Salty,

I have 30 nassarius snails in my 125g with about 5-6 inches of sand. I also have about 5 hermits and 20 nerites. and 4 emerald crabs. :)
The nerites do a great job of keeping the sand line on the front glass really clean.Before I had them I had red greenish algae growing on the front glass.

Won't the Nassarius snails churn up the dab too much. And how are the emerald crabs. I've always wanted one, just never got one.

As far as the sandbed, it seems to be pretty much intact, the snails dont seem to move that much sand adn it is a 6 foot tank so i guess theres not enough to do any damage. From my understanding though you want some sand aeration anyways. :)

The emeralds are awesome, the eat bubble algae if you get any and they also do a little dance on the front glass at feeding time. lol I havent had any issues with the emeralds and any fish or coral so I would say they are a good addition.

Back
Top Bottom