Duncan placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ORION411

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a Bio cube 29g swr tank and have a few leather corals some mushrooms polyps and feather duster which are all thriving, I added a 3 head Duncan colony about a month ago and it's not showing any signs of growth at all I have it attached to a small rock on the bottom of my Bio cube I only have the stock lighting in it and am wondering if it's not getting enough light and should be moved higher in the tank any advice will be greatly appreciated.

joy13 said:
Ducan do eat but usually catch enough from the water column to do fine. I do feed mine once in awhile rather than letting extra food float around the tank. Saltwater Aquarium Corals for Marine Reef Aquariums: Giant Green Polyp Duncanopsammia - Aquacultured https://sites.google.com/a/asira.org/www2/duncans I usually feed mine mysis.

Thank u for the link I read it but it's basically the same as the as the rest of the stuff I've read on them and everything seems like it's perfect in my cube, but the Duncan still doesn't seem to be happy one of it's heads has actually popped off and another won't come out their is only one that's still out and looking good so I'm stumped :-\

Sniperhank said:
How is the flow for it? It took me some time before I found the perfect spot for my duncan. Now he couldn't be happier. I have it under a medium flow.

Well the flow is enough to keep the tentacles moving but not really fast but they do stay in constant motion without being pushed to one side or the other I'm just worried now cause one of the heads popped off and another won't come out and I love the little colony I have but it's down to two which outta the two only one is out :-(

Sniperhank said:
What do you mean...popped off? There anything in your tank that would be stressing it out or maybe eating it?

It just came off I found it on the opposite side of the tank their are no other corals close so it hasn't been stung and I have 2 small hermit crabs a few snails lawn mower blenny a orange spot goby and a small ocellaris clown so nothing I would think that would stress it out the water is fine all the other corals are thriving

Back
Top Bottom