Dwarf chain loaches behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishliker

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was excited to find 4 of these at my local fish store and got all 4 . However I was shocked to find the next day that they were all pestering my pearl gourami, chasing after them and biting, sometimes to the point of hanging on while they were swimming away. So back to the store they went!

Just wondering if anyone else has had a bad experience with them. Too bad, before that problem, I was loving them.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Loaches tend to be very active. Those chain loaches are too much for some slower tankmates.
Solution: get another tank. ;)

Mine would go after the trailing ventrals of my angelfish. I also discovered that they don't mix with cories and constantly pester them.

They can be somewhat boisterous but not usually that boisterous. I would have given them more time, they're curious and probably would have soon left the gourami alone. More individuals likely also would have helped.

They can be somewhat boisterous but not usually that boisterous. I would have given them more time, they're curious and probably would have soon left the gourami alone. More individuals likely also would have helped.

Thanks, I thought about that later. I wanted more but those were the last ones they had. They said they had had them for a couple of months, those 4.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom