Dwarf Crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jacpaq2000

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm thinking about getting some dwarf crayfish and I have a few questions.

1. How many should I have in a group

2. Are they compatible with a rainbow shark and Bolivian Rams

3. Can different color variations be kept together and breed and if so will the offspring turn out a brown color like with shrimp.

4. How many hiding spots will these guys need

Any help would be great. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

1. 3 would be good

2. Rams and rainbow sharks have both been known to eat shrimp...

3. Yes but they probably would be a brown colour

4. Like 2 for each mine love to hide in caves and rocks and stuff

First we need to know what size tank. In a 10 gallon with the standard footprint I'd only recommend 1 male to 1 female. I know this sounds really bad, but if you have 2 males in even a 20 long they would fight each other to the death. Also don't keep them with any bottom dwellers, because their fins will 100% be relentless nipped (I speak from experience) I would be careful with Bolivians and rainbow sharks because they will probably end up taking chunks out of the crayfish once old enough. In anything less than a 20 gallon, only 1 male and female. Hope this helped.

First we need to know what size tank. In a 10 gallon with the standard footprint I'd only recommend 1 male to 1 female. I know this sounds really bad, but if you have 2 males in even a 20 long they would fight each other to the death. Also don't keep them with any bottom dwellers, because their fins will 100% be relentless nipped (I speak from experience) I would be careful with Bolivians and rainbow sharks because they will probably end up taking chunks out of the crayfish once old enough. In anything less than a 20 gallon, only 1 male and female. Hope this helped.

Very helpful thanks. I'm planing on getting a 100 gallon this month so I will put the crayfish in there along with some Angels and rasboras. I don't believe this will be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom