Dwarf Gourami and Honey Gourami Together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think it's a good idea due to the size difference. HG's are only 1 1/2"-2" and are slightly more slender compared to the DG'd which can get upward to 3". Also there may be personality differences.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hard to say because of the size differences. Just like any cichlid, gourami all have individual behaviors . I would rather in my opinion feel more comfortable keeping the same species of gourami.

Gouramis typically don't like other Gouramis. In a big tank with lots of plants sometimes you can have more than one Gourami. But sometimes they both decide they like the same patch of tank and then you still have a fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hard to say because of the size differences. Just like any cichlid, gourami all have individual behaviors . I would rather in my opinion feel more comfortable keeping the same species of gourami.

Gouramis aren't chiclids? They're a type of labyrinth fish, like betas. I wouldnt mix a dwarf with and honey purley because of size, but on the other you could get two fish that like each other, and will work put perfectly. but you can mix pretty much all different colours and breeds of dwarfs.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Gouramis aren't chiclids? They're a type of labyrinth fish, like betas. I wouldnt mix a dwarf with and honey purley because of size, but on the other you could get two fish that like each other, and will work put perfectly. but you can mix pretty much all different colours and breeds of dwarfs.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

?? I'm sorry, but in general Gouramis tend to fight each other. So diff color DGs are SAME species and they fight. Some people can manage to keep more than one Gourami to a tank. But most times once the Gouramis get comfortable, and start coming into breeding condition, then they start fighting for territory.

Gouramis will fight other Gouramis of different species as well. Most DGs are male. If they are colorful, they are male.

If you run a search on AA you'll see all the threads about Gouramis killing and wounding opponents.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Afn_Black I was using cichlids as an example. Sorry for the confusion ;)

Back
Top Bottom