Dwarf Gourami hiding all of a sudden...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sallyjano

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have two male DGs. Never had any problems with them being together. One would occasionally chase the other away but nothing bad at all and I've not seen that behavior in months.

The last few days I noticed my powder blue is constantly hiding. He's either in the middle of the hole in my driftwood, or in a corner totally motionless. I keep thinking he's dead! But he's not he'd just hiding out.

I've not seen any aggression towards him. No other fish seems to be paying him any attention at all.

Any reasons you guys can think of that he might be all of a sudden like this?

Maybe there was some aggression that I didn't see but any other ideas of why he might be like this?

Probably hiding from the other DG. They were bred for looks, not attitudes, so they're not always nice.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Male Gouramis can get highly territorial as they mature. They are not social.

I usually say one to a tank unless it's a big tank.

Try to give them tall or floating plants to break up sight lines.

Male Gouramis can get highly territorial as they mature. They are not social.

I usually say one to a tank unless it's a big tank.

Try to give them tall or floating plants to break up sight lines.

Thanks. I was on the look out for aggression knowing it might happen at some point as they grow but it's just odd as I haven't seen any at all. It may be that I heavily trimmed the tall plants that are in my tank and he feels insecure from that.

Thanks. I'll add some fake tall plants until my others grow tall again!

Back
Top Bottom