Dwarf hairgrass dyeing??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy1111

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So i got some DH, and now none of it is living. I have a current USA FW+ light, I dose seachem flourish, excel, and iron. Here's a pic:ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401364588.200792.jpg

Not bright enough lighting. How deep is your tank ?

So i got some DH, and now none of it is living. I have a current USA FW+ light, I dose seachem flourish, excel, and iron. Here's a pic:View attachment 238740

If you got the one in the bag from petsmart, it'll melt after you plant. That's just normal. But give it some time and it'll come back to life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How deep is the tank?
How long have you had the DHG?
What is your carbon source?
What is your substrate?

The tank is 16 inches deep. I've ha it for a week. Substrate is sand. It is from a package in petsmart, so that makes me feel better

Its prob just melting because of change in environment. Give it time

I think DHG does better with a substrate with good nutrients

If your DHG was grown emersed, then it will lose its old leaves and appear to die off. Then within a few days, you will notice new leaves sprouting from the substrate[I am considering all other factors- co2, ferts, root tabs, lighting etc as constant.].This is usually how plants adapt from emersed to submersed conditions

Back
Top Bottom