Dying plant D:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy91

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi Everyone,

So in the past few months I've decided to redo my 20gal planted tank. I added this Anubias recently and it's not doing too well. :( Fertilizers right now are on their way. But I just want to get a input of what people might think is the problem, just so that I am sure and not wasting money.

Currently for the whole setup:

2 - HO T5s (at the moment only one on during the day, 6 hours or so)
DIY CO2 - in the next few weeks or so pressurized CO2 will be here
Dosing Seachem Flourish - once a week with water changes.
Substrate is Flourite

Any other info y'all might need just ask. :)

Thanks!
:thanks:

img_2119057_0_7abd88d4d93d720f9bc8eab000b6ba3f.jpg

Could it be too much light even with the 1 T5 on only? Is it just those two leaves? The smaller one looks like it's yellowing. Dosing liquid ferts could help. When a couple of my Anubias started to yellow, I snipped the leaf off ... Had new growth within a couple of weeks.

I'm not sure... could it be too much light? :ermm: It is those two leaves and one other... but today I did trim them off so hopefully new leaves will grow back. Could it possibly be the first shock of a new tank?

At this point, just monitor the other leaves ... too much light would've also affected any other plants. Since you clipped those leaves .. I believe that plant can divert it's energy for new growth. When I clipped yellowing Anubias ... new stems grew later. Keep us updated on this one.

A update:

I had clipped the leaves that were having the issues and now I have new growth and new leaves! Thanks for the help :)

Also dosing fertilizers regularly and new pressurized co2 system.

Back
Top Bottom