For Sale: Dynamite Root Tabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aclark

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have some DIY root tabs for sale. These are size 00 gel capsules filled with Dynamite Flower & Vegetable fertilizer. The Dynamite is a great slow release fert that has a great balance of NPK along with micro nutrients that other ferts don't include. Great in the home aquarium for both low & high-tech setups.

Price will be $10 per 100 tabs. Shipping is $5

Nitrogen - 13.00%
Available Phosphate (P2O5) - 13.00%
Soluble Potash (K20) - 13.00%

Magnesium (Mg) - 1.20%, Sulfur - 3.34%, Boron (B) - 0.02%, Copper (Cu) - 0.05%, Iron (Fe) - 0.20%, Manganese (Mn) - 0.06%, Molybdenum (Mo) - 0.02%

Been meaning to look into fert tabs. How do they work? In a typical 36" aquarium that's moderately planted from one end to the other, how do you know where to place the tabs? One per plant? One every so many inches? One simply per tank? How deep do you put them? How far from the plant(s)? And how OFTEN do you add them?
And will they hurt shrimp?

Riddle-me-that, and I may be interested. :)

Presently, I simply dose Flourish a couple times a week. All my tanks are healthy and happy. (8 tanks and 7 of them are planted)

Been meaning to look into fert tabs. How do they work? In a typical 36" aquarium that's moderately planted from one end to the other, how do you know where to place the tabs? One per plant? One every so many inches? One simply per tank? How deep do you put them? How far from the plant(s)? And how OFTEN do you add them?
And will they hurt shrimp?

Riddle-me-that, and I may be interested. :)

Presently, I simply dose Flourish a couple times a week. All my tanks are healthy and happy. (8 tanks and 7 of them are planted)

I would put one tab every 3-6" and an extra tab for any of your larger plants like swords etc. I would add the every 3-4 months or sooner if you see any signs of nutrient deficiencies. I put them just a bit off the bottom glass. As for shrimp, they should be ok but you'd have to double check for you're exact situation.

Are these still available? How do they compare to flourish root tabs?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Are these still available? How do they compare to flourish root tabs?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Yes they are still available.

As for compared to Flourish tabs, these have a substantial amount of NPK unlike Flourish. They have comparable amounts of micro nutrients to Flourish.

v8HT5x69lfMhbYAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Back
Top Bottom