Eat Lion EAT!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tjara03

Aquarium Advice Freak
A friend of mine has a Dwarf Zebra Lion and it is not eating, and has not for about a week when he got it. He tried live food and silversides and krill.. any suggestions?? TIA!!!

Did you friend check to make sure the lion was eating at the store before he bought it? Without knowing enough, there could be a number of different reasons why its not eating.

Usually live food should spark some interest in a predator like fish.

No, he did not witness it but the LFS said they had him for about 3 wks and he was eating goldfish, but my friends wants to avoid feeding him goldfish.. thanks for the reply...

Sure. It's always good practice to have the LFS show you the fish eat before you buy it. Thats one of the reasons why I have a problem with buying fish online.

On topic, the lion could probably go another week without eating. When feeding, try turning the lights off, putting his favorite food in the tank and then moving out of the fish's line of sight and then peek around the corner to see eats or not. Might help.

The lion's probably still acclimating to his new home and doesn't feel comfortable yet.

Back
Top Bottom