Ecocomplete

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raignis

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What is the difference between ecocomplete black and red? On the manufacturer's site it looks like the red is slightly larger. I have a 50g that will be a low light planted with ecocomplete for a bottom layer and gravel on top.

I don’t recall any difference regarding size between the red and black. Not sure if the red has color variations but the black *may* contain some granules ranging from tan, red, brown, and gray.
It does not need a gravel cap unless it is aesthetically preferable over the EcoComplete.

I do not have experience with red, but I have used the black. It really shouldn't be called black, its not really black. Its dark with some slight grey coloration. Also it is impossible to give an accurate size rating to it. They were all over the map from 1/4 inch to dust sized particles. Maybe it was just my batch of 3 bags, but yea not black (instead "dark" would be a better description) and grain size is pea gravel to sand.

Back
Top Bottom