Eggs in a tumbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stonefly

Aquarium Advice Regular
Good day everyone! I have some eggs from a dragon blood peacock that are in a tumbler. Saturday it will be a week. They are changing in appearance, they look like half of the egg is solid and half of our is clear liquid. This is the first time i have tried this and not sure if it is normal. Any comment our advice is well appreciated! Thanks!

Sent from my LG-D959 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

When i get home i will try and get some decent ones. Might be better for people to see and answer anyways

Usually by a week the tail and head will have formed. Do you see two little black spots that look like eyes?

It hasn't been a week yet but close. I look at them quiet a lot though and haven't seen anything like that.

Mine usually have the head and tail starting to grow by day 4 or 5. These are Mbuna cichlid though, so it may be a little different. Have you noticed any fungus or the eggs turning white?

Maybe They are duds then cause i see no entrees or tails

Mine usually have the head and tail starting to grow by day 4 or 5. These are Mbuna cichlid though, so it may be a little different. Have you noticed any fungus or the eggs turning white?

Dragon blood peacocks are not mbuna.

I doubt it's very different, I looked at them earlier after work. The eggs don't look they are good. Looks like some of them have leaked a little bit, there is stuff coming out of some them that doesn't look like eyes or tails. But it is not mild or fungus looking at all

Are the eggs yellow? If they are a different color than yellow they are no good.

Yea that doesnt sound right, i dont think they are any good, dont give up on them just yet, i could be wrong.

I also forgot to add that when I stripped her I didn't get all the eggs from her. It looks like she still has a good mouth full. Her buccal cavity isn't extended anymore but she def still has a good mouth full. So not all is lost anymore

Yes this is the fourth time. First time she ate the eggs after a week. Second time I stripped her as soon as I noticed it. I have been experimenting on stripping time 3-4 times

If you're going to strip, I would do it after 3to 4 days. The female will know what eggs are unfertilized and will spit them out by then. Let me know how it goes. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom