Eggs or something else?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OhNeil1969

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just came home this evening and found something hanging from the anus of one of my angelfish. I have never personally witnessed an angel laying eggs nor am I aware of any infection/disease that presents itself in this manner. I'm hoping someone can tell me if I should be concerned or am I just overreacting.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1403736332093.jpg
    1403736332093.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 90
Unfortunately, this fish passed away this weekend. I'm currently feeding the remaining fish anti.-bacterial food as a precaution.

I'm sorry for your loss your doing good feeding them that I would keep doing that for about a week or so and maybe even do a 20% water change

I'm sorry for your loss your doing good feeding them that I would keep doing that for about a week or so and maybe even do a 20% water change

Thank you for the condolences. We already perform weekly 50% water changes and have performed bi - weekly changes since the condition presented itself.

It looks like waste that is often produced when a fish has internal parasites. Angelfish are fairly susceptible to internals.

Could be anything though...

Back
Top Bottom