Eggs rotted inside her?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SushiRoll

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I have a pair of angelfish and they spawned but in about 5 hours only 14 eggs have been laid! One in the past 3 hours and 13 in the first 2. I just got home and saw a fuzzy egg hanging out of my female. At first I thought she had tried to lay on the heater and had seared her breeding tube closed because she was going up the spawn sight (which is not the heater) and no eggs were being laid and there were only 13 eggs but then I got home 3 hours later and there is another egg (I'm soooo happy about it) but again she laid only one egg in 3 hours!?! So the question is could eggs rot inside her? It has been 16 days since their last spawn which I don't think is enough time for them to rot (correct me if I'm wrong). Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426553677.170509.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426553677.170509.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 102
Ok now she seems to have maybe passed a blockage and is laying eggs fine ??? so maybe this is a one time thing. Anyone ever experienced this?

Ok now she seems to have maybe passed a blockage and is laying eggs fine ??? so maybe this is a one time thing. Anyone ever experienced this?

I do not keep angels but any egg laying fish has the potential to become 'egg bound'. Unless there is a surgical intervention, egg bound fish will become septic from necrotic eggs and unfortunately, little can be done.

I have had this happen in the past and I lost one of my favorite fish last Sunday due to this despite my attempts to intervene. An autopsy proved what I suspected and it's always alarming to see what sepsis does internally to a fish. Hopefully, you will not have any issues in the future and that this was just singular incident.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom