Eheim Canister Filters - 70 Gallon Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diablos

Aquarium Advice Regular
Here is why I'm in debate over the two eheims. The Eheim Pro 2 2180 includes a heater... which would help alot because without a sump... my tank isn't set up to have one in the tank. However, it only moves around 300 gph.

Second the 2260 (which moves more water around 600 ) looks to have way smaller couplings/fitings/nozzles for the hoses that run in and out of it. Which means that if they aren't the same size of the pvc running from the tank im gonna have to my a piece of pvc that will bring down the size... or bigger on one end than the other. Because I have never done this I'm wondering if this is safe for the pump. Also if someone could confirm that this post makes sense I would be great. lol

===============================================
EDIT
===============================================

Another thing is I do understand... is that the more you move your water the clearer and better quality it will be.

But if the 2128 (moving 267 gph) is rated for tanks up to 150 gallons.

Would I see a huge difference in a 70 Gallon tank between a filter that moves almost 300 gallons to one that does almost or over 600?

Also I found both the filters for around the same price - I also posted this in the getting started thread I need as much help as I can get to get a decision over with, sorry.

I have 2 Eheim 2217's on a 55G tank and I'm about to put another one (along with a AC70) on a 58G tank. They filter a lot of water, but it's more because of the volume of the canister than the speed of the water being filtered. The 2217's are rated for tanks up 159 gallons.

You will see a difference in the two filters because there is a significant size difference. The 2260 is basically a trashcan with a pump and media.

Here is a pic of Travis's 125G tank...it has TWO 2260's on it. 8O

Eheims_100107_x800.jpg

Back
Top Bottom