EHEIM heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SLoViper

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ive been running the EHEIM Jager 250W heater for two days now and had it set up for 80, but ive noticed that temperature wouldnt go over 75. I even turned it up to about 83 and havent seen any temperature increase. Shoud i go back to the LFS and change the heater for some other one or should i just wait.
Thx

Hi ignore what the temperature says on the heater and rely on your thermometer to show what the temperature is. What size is your tank? As with my tanks i have two three hundred watt heaters and they have to be set at 80 just to run the tanks at 76 yes baffling!!!

Hi
my tank is 75 gallon and i turned it up a bit so ill see what happens

Hi is the tank in a warm room? My tanks are in a garden shed hence needing more higher wattage heaters. Also i always use two heaters in case one gives up and i do not notice. Sounds like if you want the water temperature higher then you may have to get another heater.

Last edited:
Hello
just came back from work, it finally came up to 80 now but the heater is set up to 84, so its like 4 degrees off

Back
Top Bottom