Electric Blue Acara

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rivers2k

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone keep them? what is your experience with them? I keep going back and forth on them I really like them at some points and then other times I am not to sure about them. They are about $40 around me so I may wait until the price drops.

I am a big fan of Green Terrors and Acaras always seem like a smaller Terror to me. Is that about right?

If you don't mind me asking can you tell me how much. All the places around me are about $40 but I see others saying they are going for around $18

And yes please keep me updated.

My lfs has a tank full of 2" for $28 ea. I believe, may have been for the pair though. I kept walking because they look amazing and I cant have them..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I just swapped some stuff with a friend who is also a retailer so I don't really know how much they are. He does mostly online sales so I'll ask him what his price is on them currently.

So far they seem moderately timid, but they are also still in baby mode so there's no telling. I have them all in a 40b with some willow moss.

When I got my pulcher they had electric blues for $8.99 around the 2 " mark but I didn't get them because the other fish in the same tank has ich. I believe they have the same temperament as the regular pulcher.

When I got my pulcher they had electric blues for $8.99 around the 2 " mark but I didn't get them because the other fish in the same tank has ich. I believe they have the same temperament as the regular pulcher.

which is like Green Terror correct? I have not had Pulchers before.

I never had a green terror. My regular blue acara backs down and runs from the firemouth. Both about 2 "

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mine is actually quite aggressive, more so than the regular one I had a while back, a little under 3 inches. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410881564.731365.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks, yeah he's in with a Sajica, con, Panamensis, rainbow and Ellioti in a 55. Some are smallish at the moment so don't get issues (between the cichlids) but I'll see what happens as they get bigger. The EBA killed some rainbow fish recently, I had to move them! He's a bit of a nutter.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom